Kings Down Tail Caravan & Camping Park
We at Kings Down are perfect for those that appreciate peace and serenity in a picturesque setting. We are open throughout the year, and are ideally located near many attractions which East Devon has to offer as well as the World Heritage Site from Exmouth to Studland. We welcome all tourers to our site to pitch up on our hard standing camping areas or if you are looking for something a little different, you can also stay in one of our funky glamping pods, they are a great eco-friendly alternative to rural camping.
Our facilities & the benefits the Park has to offer includes:
- An ideal centre to explore East Devon
- Close to Dorset and East Devon World Heritage coastline
- Easy access off A3052
- New amenity block built for 2015 (heated in low season)
- Hard standings
- Electric Hook-ups
- Wi-Fi On-Site
- Games room and children’s play area
- Disabled Wet Room
- Secure caravan storage
- East Devon Secure Caravan Park Scheme
- There is a Height Barrier at the entrance, this is part of our security and is closed each evening and opened in the morning, cars can still access the park unless you have a luggage pod or roof rack, please inform us if you do.
- Laundry Room
- Ice Block Freezing Facilities
- Park Shop
- Dishwashing Facilities
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Barbecues (permitted but the grass must not be burned, so please use barbecues with legs)
- There are 102 touring pitches which are for touring caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and tents. All on level pitches. We also have 45 seasonal pitches.
PODS. Our glamping pods are set in a stunning countryside location of Kings Down Tail, close to the gorgeous seaside town of Sidmouth. They provide greater security than a tent as well as being warm in the winter months and cool in the summer due to the fantastic insulation. Each pod has a window and lockable door for security and to give ventilation in the pod in the hotter summer months. Children love camping pods – it’s like having a den… so do the adults!
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us for further information on any of our services – we would love to hear from you! Alternatively you can visit our social media page to hear about our latest adventures, news and deals.